31090051

My husband died 2 months ago aged 83 years. I am 75. Am I

My husband died 2 months ago aged 83 years. I am 75. Am I entitled to a widows pension? My first husband died in 1986 and I had a pension then which obviously lost when I remarried in 1994.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You should be able to apply for an additional payment to your own pension based on your husband's pension or national insurance contributions. You have to apply to the state. You will not get widow's pension as such. That is an allowance payable over 52 weeks to a widow who has not reached retirement age. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.