31090051

I've been working for a customer on a day rate basis for

Customer Question

I've been working for a customer on a day rate basis for several months along with other trades on the same site, the customer aproched me & asked me if I would carry out a job on a price with an agreed contract but on a labour only basis, the contract is now 97% complete but to finish all works in the contract the customer needs to supply certain drainage materials as agreed in the contract, the customer hasn't supplied the necessary Materials & is saying that unless I carry out a lot of extra jobs "not included in our agreed contract" at no extra cost, there refusing to pay me any of the outstanding balance of the contract that is nearly 50% of the of the agreed contract price ?? I've asked for meeting with the customer in the hope of resolving things but they are refusing a meeting & are insisting all communication be carried out by email & not face to face ?
Could you please advise me on where I stand on this ??
Many Thanks
Mark
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Hi there. I'm sorry, I responded to your question in error thinking you were based in England. As I only deal with English law, I will opt out so that another expert can assist you. Thank you

Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

I am a lawyer in Scotland. You have contracted to do work on a day work basis without any materials. Either the customer pays and provides the material or the customer is in breach of contract. Serve a letter before action now. If the customer doesn't pay your lawyer sues him. That is the way to proceed. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.