31090051

I am retiring at end November from the NHS. I will receive a

I am retiring at end November from the NHS. I will receive a pension and lump sum.
My marriage is breaking down and I feel I have no option but to separate from my husband.
To allow me to keep my pension and lump sum and be independent I would prefer he retained the house and his pension (also need from the NhS) when he retires. I would want nothing else from the marriage.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 9 months ago.

The law says that each party should normally get an equal share of matrimonial property. If your pension value is equal to or less than the value of the house and his pension then what you seek should be achievable. However, make sure you are not short changing yourself and take advice from your own solicitor as regards ***** ***** circumstances. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Many thanks for your prompt reply