31090051

From! LOL Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more

Hi from ***** *****! LOL
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I have a plot of ground with an entrance from an A class public road. It's not been used for about 40-50 years. Can I start using it again, or will the council object? Also since it was used, the telephone company have erected a pole in front of it. Can I make them move it if I prove to them I own the ground and entrance?
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Forgot to say I'm in Scotland, as is my property.John
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Nicola,
No hurry as I have associated searching to do in estate papers!Thanks,John
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for your question. If the entrance has been blocked up and not used within the lifetime of the current planning legislation, and given that usage of the road is likely to have changed markedly over the period I suggest that you contact the planning authority to ascertain if they would wish a planning application to open up the entrance again. I suspect they would. The result of that enquiry will then dictate whether you have to ask the telephone company to move the pole. If the entrance has always existed however but just not been used, then as landowner you are entitled to access to your land and can issue it again and ask the telephone company to move the pole. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if I can help you further.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for you reply.If I require further help, I'll certainly contact you again.Regards,John
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

You're welcome. Don't forget to leave a positive rating on the system so that I am credited for my time.

Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.