How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 11286
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I would like to know where I stand when I have been accused

Customer Question

Hi there.I would like to know where I stand when I have been accused of being verbally abusive. When I wasn't.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would like to add that I was accused of saying that I am going to beat you up and rape you.I cannot let this person get away with saying something like that..thank you.
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

You have to get your lawyer to write to this person strongly denying the allegation and threatening civil court action if the person repeats the allegations.