31090051

My x partner and i bought a house - it was put in my name -

Customer Question

my x partner and i bought a house - it was put in my name - i never lived there as we broke up before move in date - he lives there and has been for the past 9 years - he pays the interest morgage - i have been asking him for the 9 years to take the house over into his name - i want no money from it - i just want to be released from the responsibility - i have been saying to him if he cant take it over then sell it and take money and move on - its been 9 years and no decision on his part - or move - he will just do this forever - i was going to give him a dealibe of 6 months and if nothing happens then can i just hand it back over to the morgage comopany ? thanks audrey
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

The mortgage company won't be interested if he is still paying the mortgage. If he refuses to do anything about the title your only option would be to apply to the court to have the house sold. See a solicitor and get a letter sent to him telling this. That would be your starting point in a situation like this. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.