29905560

I left my Husband in January this year through physical and

Customer Question

I left my Husband in January this year through physical and mental abuse i was homeless for 5 weeks i was in contact with Christine Tierney the liason officer for homeless and domestic abuse i got rehouse in sheltered housing for my safety also ive got ms It has been going on all through my married I had no clothes i had to get a loan from the welfare and then i got a police officer to accompany to get my clothes as i was to frightened to go and get them Ive filed for divorce on domestic abuse grounds but because i didnt get him charged there isnt any evidence to stand in court im not to happy that he is going to get away with it after all thats why i left the family home and got rehoused in sheltered housing for my safety is this right can he get away with it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  hhlaw replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-Are you in England or Wales?
-How old are you both?
-How long have you been married?
-Do you have any children together, if so their ages and proposed arrangements?
-What is the value of the property, and what is the outstanding mortgage?
-Who is now living in the property?
-Whose name is ***** ***** in?
-What other assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What are your respective incomes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Im Live in Scotland Im 60 my Husband is 59 we have been married 34 years we 3 grown up children ages 39 33 and 30 It is a rented house but my Husband wants to buy it My Husband is living in the house The house is now in his name My Husband works as a trucker through an Agency i dont know what he earns I had to take early retirement because ive got ms im living on benefits I stay in Sheltered Housing for my safety He had a pension when he worked with Chancelot Mill Edinburgh he worked on the Tankers delivering down south he left and started with the Cooperative driving Trucks his pension was transferred to them but then he left and started with Driver Hire Agency and couldnt transfer his pension to them so he went to a finantial advisor last year to get his pension paid out to him it was worth £30 000 pounds as that what he was going to buy the council house he is in He has filled all the forms in July so thats in process I dont think he should be able to get of with how he treated me over the years but my Lawyer said because i didnt report him to the Police and there isnt any evidence of the abuse its his word against mine and it wouldnt stand in court so im not to happy