31090051

I have just received a citation for court for next month

Hi there, i have just received a citation for court for next month from trading standards, the situation was selling hoverboards last year, none blew up or anything like that but they tested one and found that the samsung battery wasn't insulated enough to be compliant and the wiring to the plugs, along with our website saying they were UK approved, when they weren't approved by trading standards themselves, what will happen when i go to court ? Is it just something on my record and a fine or can there be more serious consequences ? i tried to close the limited company in feb 2016 but they have blocked that each time and the letter for court is one to me as a person and one to the limited company. thanks
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.
Can you tell me the exact wording of the charges please.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will send the copy of paperwork
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. If younplead guilty to these charges you will be fined as will the company. The plea of guilty will be recorded as a criminal record. The amount of the fine will depend on your personal circumstances and that of the company. If I was in your situation I would have a solicitor appear for you in court. Happy to discuss. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you confirm this can only go on my record and a fine ? i cant go to jail or anything for these charges ? The company stopped trading in January also , thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

If this is a first offence you won't go to jail.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
perfect thanks