31090051

My ex partner + I were in a shared ownership property, I was

Customer Question

My ex partner + I were in a shared ownership property, I was forced to leave because his behaviour become very aggressive, I was homeless I now ave a new flat, housing association can buy back our flat, but he wants to buy me out, I want him to sell to housing can I force him
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

You can't force him to sell to the Housing Association and he can't force you to buy him out. The remedy would be to go to the court and it would be the court that would supervise the disposal of the property, either on the open market on in one of the other ways suggested by both of you. The difficulty with that is that a court action would cost several thousand pounds and this would come off your respective financial interests in the house. If you can, agree a value and get this sorted out of court. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.