12826847

Do my bail conditions in Scotland apply when i am in England

Customer Question

do my bail conditions in Scotland apply when i am in England
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

can you give more information about your situation please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was a domestic with my partner she told the police i followed her in my car I was going to pick her daughter up, my step daughter , and i turned not well . i flashed my lights for her to pull over to ask her if she could go and pick her up but she didnt .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Which condition did you breach?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have not breached any conditions i was only asking if my bail conditions are the same in England John
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Actions that take place in England are not within the jurisdiction of Scotland.

However, if any part of the action takes place in Scotland then it would be caught. Phone calls are a good example. If you phoned from England to a person in Scotland the action would be within the Scots' jurisdiction.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my bail conditions are i dont approach or contact her phone text email etc. i was wanting to know if i was in England and happened to be in the same pub club etc. as her are the bail conditions the same John
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

If you met her by default then that wouldn't be a breach.