31090051

I am living in Ireland but need to appear in court in

Customer Question

I am living in Ireland but need to appear in court in Scotland on 22nd Nov for a Child Welfare Hearing. Can i apply for Légal Aid in Scotland
Angela
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You can apply for legal aid for a Scottish legal matter even if you don't stay in Scotland. However you have to do this through a Scottish solicitor, you can't do this yourself. You should arrange an urgent meeting, by conference call if necessary to a family law solicitor near to the court that you have to appear in so that the lawyer can apply for emergency legal aid to cover the CWH on 22 November. You'll have to do this very quickly.