31090051

I just found out I have to appear in court tomorrow. A

Customer Question

I just found out I have to appear in court tomorrow.
A police officer phoned me about an assault incident saying I have to appear in court on the 12th and they would serve me with the summons. I have moved from that area and I'm not sure what the court would be or time.
I never received the summons, doesn't it have to be signed for?, but I found a website which lists the summons and my name was there. It's too late too contact my lawyer and he may be busy tomorrow.
What do I do?
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JGM replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for your question. You are being asked to appear at court on a bail undertaking from what your narrative suggests. When you attend the Police will give you the summons. You can ask for the duty solicitor and he will take details and tender a plea for you after which time you can contact your own solicitor. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.