ivorylounge
ivorylounge, Advocate
Experience:  Over 25 years experience
27487359

An allegation has been made against me which threatens to

Customer Question

Good morning
An allegation has been made against me which threatens to damage my reputation and is having a effect on board members that have to vote to approve my nomination.
No formal process or investigation has taken place into the allegations and I have never been made aware of this issue until Sunday. The incident relates to a situations from March 2016. The allegations were meet at a recent board meeting held on Saturday where my nomination was discussed
Given that potentially my reputation has been affected do I have grounds for defemation?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 5 months ago.

If you were defamed in the meeting then you would potentially have a claim arising. I would instruct solicitors as this area can be quite complicated and seek a written explanation as to what was said, by whom and with what evidence.

I hope that this answered your question. Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you