31090051

Divorce. I am divorcing my wife and we have submitted

Customer Question

Divorce.
I am divorcing my wife and we have submitted vouching re our respective finances via our solicitors. However, it is clear that my wife has not been honest with her solicitor as she has omitted mention of several bank accounts she held at separation.
Is it possible to gain access to information about her bank accounts via the courts?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. You can seek an order for disclosure under section 20 of the Family Law (Scotland) Act 1985. You can read the section online but essentially it says that in any action where there is an application for financial provision the court can order either party to provide details of their resources. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.