31090051

I am looking to start divorce proceedings on adultery

I am looking to start divorce proceedings on adultery grounds but do not want any thing asset wise what is the best way to proceed please
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. For how long have you been separated?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We have only just separated but have already agreed between us to keep things as amicable as possible. Just over 1 week since he left the marital home
Expert:  JGM replied 3 months ago.

Unless there is any rush for a divorce I would wait a year and do this on grounds of separation with consent. If you do this on grounds of adultery, which you can, you will need evidence of adulterous behaviour and that can cost quite a bit by way of enquiry agents, additional solicitors fees etc. It involves an ordinary action in the sheriff court. You will need a solicitor as it is a lot more than just filling in forms. Allow about a total of £2500 in costs even if the action is undefended. After a year, and if there are no children under 16, you could do a simplified procedure divorce for £200.