ivorylounge
ivorylounge, Advocate
Experience:  Over 25 years experience
27487359

I have recently separated from my husband and have taken

Customer Question

I have recently separated from my husband and have taken advice from a private family law solicitor, however my husband informs me that he is going to make things as difficult and expensive for me as possible, he is not paying any child maintenance to me but has agreed to pay half the mortgage until we sell the house(he is in rented accommodation) and myself and my 4yr old girl are in the family home.
I work part time and have no capital other than the house I live in so I have requested an assessment for legal aid, if accepted can I swap from a private to a legal aid solicitor ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If my husband and I have made a verbal and written agreement re division of marital assets but that has not yet been signed off by a lawyer is it still legally binding.
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 1 month ago.

Very many solicitors do both private and legal aid, so best to check that you choose one who does both. Such an agreement can be legally binding even when you have not taken legal advice. Happy to discuss but please rate positive.

I hope that this answered your question. Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you