31090051

I requested to cancel my broadband when I moved out of home.

Customer Question

i requested to cancel my broadband when I moved out of home. the company have on file that I wanted my broadband cancelled. the dirct debitd were from an account I use for bills only so do not check it much, however when applying for a mortgage I noticed that talk talk had continued to take money out by direct debit even though I asked to cancel when I moved out. they state that its my responsibility to check my bank therefore refuse a refund even though I asked to cancel and wasn't even living in the house. is this correct ?thank you for any help offerred.adrian
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. If TalkTalk accept that you cancelled then they MUST give you a refund. However, they are not easy to deal with. I suggest you write to your bank and explain the situation and instruct your bank to refund you under the Direct Debit Guarantee. Your bank can then claim the payment from TalkTalk's bank. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.