31090051

My ex partner has been verbally and physically abusive for 9

Customer Question

Hi, my ex partner has been verbally and physically abusive for 9 month's since leaving me. I live and work in Singapore, she now live in the UK.
She has just threatened to kill my daughter who lives with my ex wife in the UK. This was verbally but I emailed her informed she can't threaten to kill my daughter and she replied apologising; providing a paper trail.
I also had months of abusive emails an WhatsApp conversation.
I would like to know what I can do, can I get an injunction order on her or ask the police to present a criminal order?
Many thanks.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. As your ex wife has your daughter she should make the report to the police and you should give her copies of the paper rail so that these can be given to the police. She can also take out an interdict which is a civil court action. That of course would incur legal fees so in the first instance I would try to get the police involved as a warning from them may be enough to keep her away. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.