29905560

3 year old new built home..Does servitude rights fall under

Customer Question

Hi, 3 year old new built home..Does servitude rights fall under some stones that filled in a 4in gap along a outside party wall (vents are for possible Radon gas) neighbours other three walls clear.
Katrina
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question which has been transferred to me as a solicitor in Scotland. Can you explain the situation a little more? Has someone filled a ventilation gap with stones? What is your reference to servitude rights?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The gap is filled with stones, to stop my grandchildren foot from falling down the space between driveway and gable wall of my neighbour....depth about 30cm...neighbour complained to builder and they have said to me under the servitude rights of way they MIGHT be able to remove them without my permission....reading up on it it's seems servitude rights are for emergency, pipes,water, etc. ...radon gas vents are fitted in case there is a built up of radon gas...The radon levels in West Scotland are low according to the radon maps.
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

Can you email me your title to my confidential inbox at***@******.*** and I'll have a look for you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will email mail tomorrow is that Ok?
Thanks *****
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

Thanks, that's fine.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Thank you for reply. I have resolved the issue.
Katrina Britton
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

OK