31090051

Was wondering if you can help me please. How does it take

Hi was wondering if you can help me please. How long does it take for an insurance company to offer you something once they receive your medical report
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
To make me an offer after they receive medical report
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your question. Typically if the insurance company receive your medical report they would take about 3 - 4 weeks to consider it and make an offer, assuming liability isn't in dispute and the claim is not a multiple injury or other complex claim. I hope that answers your question. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's been 7 weeks since I signed for them to have access to my medical report and I've heard nothing back is this normal
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

Do you mean medical records as opposed to a medical report? That can take longer as they have to be copied by the health authority and sent to the insurance company. Recovery of records can be 2 to 3 months.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yeah sorry it was my medical records. What happens when they receive my record do they make me an offer? My own lawyer isn't very helpful to be honest
Expert:  JGM replied 1 month ago.

They read the records and make an offer, yes, although depending on the injury it is also usual for you to be examined by a consultant who will prepare a report specifically for the purpose of your claim.