ivorylounge
ivorylounge, Advocate
Experience:  Over 25 years experience
27487359

I own some land private not nothing to do with crofters

Customer Question

i own some land private not nothing to do with crofters commion we let the land over three years ago he faild to pay for the rent for two years owning over two thousend pounds he has dumped a van and srap all all kinds and refused to re move it the police wont get in voilved what can i do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  ivorylounge replied 1 month ago.

How much is owed? Is he still on the land?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Over two grand and still still on it

I see. Well the starting point would be for you to evict him from your land and the way to do this will depend on the basis of the tenancy which he has to be on the land. The very fact that he is not paying any rent rather implies that he is in breach of the terms of the tenancy in any event. You could should you so decide make an application to the court for the recover of the £2,000 he owes. This would be under the simple procedure (previously called the small claims court).

I would be minded to get a solicitor to write telling them to leave and give them the appropriate notice to quit. I know that solicitors wrote some two years ago, but matters have to be sorted now.

I hope that this answered your question. Justanswer works on people giving ratings. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you

I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (3, 4 or 5 stars) as that is an important part of our process and recognises the time I have spent assisting you. If you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you