31090051

The dog boarder took my 2 dogs 140 miles away from her home

Customer Question

The dog boarder took my 2 dogs 140 miles away from her home for 5 days without my consent. While there one of my dogs fell off a 30 ft shear drop cliff chasing a sheep. It's a miracle she survived. My dogs should never have been anywhere near sheep, where farmers can legally shoot them. My dog has a severely damaged leg involving mri scans costing £1000 each and surgery as well as broken teeth. The whole of our second week in Mexico was ruined when we got the news and we can no longer use our static caravan at weekends.
The dog boarder has no insurance to cover these vet bills and wants me to claim off mine.
Where do I stand as I'm not sure my insurance will pay out under the circumstances where she is to blame?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 23 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. The dog boarder is negligent here and probably in breach of contract by taking the dogs to a location that had not been agreed, even implicitly. You claim is against her. If you do claim on your own insurance and if the claim is successful the insurer could claim back the money from her. If the insurance does not accept your claim then you have a valid claim against the dog boarder. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Happy to discuss further. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.