31090051

I BOUGHT A STATIC CARAVAN FROM PARKDEAN SUNDRUM CASTLE ON

Customer Question

I BOUGHT A STATIC CARAVAN FROM PARKDEAN SUNDRUM CASTLE ON JUNE OF THIS YEAR 2017 JUST AFTER WE BOUGHT IT WE NOTICED DAMP MARKS ON THE BATHROOM WALL WE WERE TOLD IT ALL HAD BEEN SORTED AND FOUND OUT IT WAS APPEARING ON THE FRONT OF CARAVAN ALL WAY ACROSS 6 INCH AND RIGHT A LONG THE BACK WALL OF THE BEDROOM WE HAVE HAD A LONG FIGHT WITH THE PARK IN BETWEEN THIS PERIOD ALL 6 INTERNAL DOORS HAD TO BE REPLACED BECAUSE OF DAMPNESS WHICH ARE NOT DONE YET NOW PARKDEAN INSTEAD OF SAYING THE VAN IS A RIGHT OFF THEY WANT TO OFFER US £6,000 FOR A VAN THAT COST US £42,000 OF WHICH WE HAVE NOT AND WERE REQUESTED TO NOT USE UNTIL THE PROBLEMS WERE LOOK INTO AND STILL WANT TO OFFER US £6,000
Assistant: Where are you located? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: SUNDRUM CASTLE AYRSHIRE SCOTLAND IS WERE THE VAN IS PARKED
Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: ONLY BY US AND CARAVAN EXPERT
Assistant: Anything else you want the solicitor to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 16 days ago.

I’m having a little trouble believing this. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Parkdean sold you a faulty caravan and now have offered to buy it back from you at £36000 less than you paid them for it. Is that what you are saying? What is their reasoning for this?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
that what are going to do they are being made to clear off the finance of £26,000 and give £4,000 and would be the end if we going to except it of which we are not we also lost of hiring out the caravan over the sort time we have had it or using it our self of up to £12,000 because they asked us not to use it over this time
Expert:  JGM replied 16 days ago.

Has it now been fixed?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
no and we are both on dwp so I can't afford any so if you help us then that's fine
Expert:  JGM replied 16 days ago.

You should be suing for the cost of the purchase, ie, £42,000. You may qualify for legal aid for that purpose. From what you have said I can see no reason why you would not be successful in a court action. They are clearly in breach of contract in that there was a material defect in the caravan when it was sold to you. We would have to look at the written purchase contract. As well as that the finance company could be held jointly responsible under the Consumer Credit Act. If you would like me to look at the contract for the purchase and the terms and conditions please scan it and email to***@******.*** so that it remains private.