29905560

I hired a horsebox Scotland it was on 24hire I brought it

Customer Question

Hi I hired a horsebox Scotland it was on 24hire I brought it back it was inspected and signed off as no damage. 5 hours later I have a phone call saying I have damaged it. I had never received any paperwork for the hire I signed for. Today I get a letter a copy of the sign off which I never signed and has also been changed as the no damage has been scored out and replaced with damaged in capitals which has my signature on it and pictures of the supposed damage that I caused asking me for the £500 insurance cover they want to charge me. The paperwork I signed had my signature halfway up the page and did not have the diagram of the horsebox on it, what they have sent me is a copy of the horsebox signing off form with a copy of my signature which I never signed. Can you please tell me where I stand. I am thank you
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. So have they taken your signature from another document? The original hire agreement perhaps?