31090051

I have had reason to suspect husband has been cheating- he

Customer Question

I have had reason to suspect husband has been cheating- he has offered to leave me the house and half of his earnings current and future as guarantee of his innocence- can I make this arrangement legal and bindingMany thanks
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. In Scotland you can both instruct solicitors and have a Minite of Agreement drawn up reflecting what is to happen on a separation. That agreement is registered in Edinburgh and is final and binding provided that both parties are separately represented by different lawyers and that there is no material change of circumstances. That is how you make the agreement Legal and binding. I hope that helps. Please leave a Positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you. In practice how is this best started? Should I go to a lawyer ask him/her to draw up the minute of agreement then get husband to go to a lawyer to sign it?Thanks
Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

Yes, if you have heads of terms you can ask your lawyer to prepare an initial draft and send it to your husband to take to his own lawyer who will adjust it as necessary. When a final draft is agreed you will both sign it and it will be registered. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.