31090051

I live in Scotland and I was married in 2010 and and

Customer Question

I live in Scotland and I was married in 2010 and and saperated since 2014, I have 2 kids in the marriage and they are age 7 and 5. I will like to know the form I can use to make my divorce application and also child contact, also can I make the application myself or do I need to apply thru a solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 15 days ago.

Because you have young children and want a contact order you can’t use the simplified procedure forms. You have to use what is called ordinary procedure. The rules are here: http://scotcourts.gov.uk/rules-and-practice/rules-of-court/sheriff-court---civil-procedure-rules/ordinary-cause-rules and the forms are here: http://scotcourts.gov.uk/rules-and-practice/forms/sheriff-court-forms/ordinary-cause-forms You will agree that these are daunting. Lawyers spend years learning and training to do these types of actions. If you don’t know what you are doing don’t do it and instruct a solicitor. If you need a contact order I presume there is some disagreement between the two of you and this would be better dealt with between solicitors. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
please can u state for me the name of the form because there are many form on the link that you sent me
Expert:  JGM replied 15 days ago.

Form G1.