31090051

Sentencing for possession of a offensive weapon knuckle

Sentencing for possession of a offensive weapon knuckle dusters whilst d +d was not brandishing them. Convicted for d+d with offensive weapon being a knife in 2011
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Already pleaded guilty
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Hadn't been arrest in 4 years either
Expert:  JGM replied 28 days ago.

What was the sentence in 2011? Personal circumstances? Family? Job? Income? Expenditure? Explanation for having knuckledusters? Full information please and I will give you my opinion on sentence.

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
I got a suspended sentence with community service and probation. Got two kids at home ones 2 and ones 4 weeks old. Work as a Dumper driver £390 a week net. Lots of bills 5 credit cards, 2 catalogues, overdraft, sky and phone bill. Left missus after having a argument, knuckle duster was in a box with paperwork within rucksack with all my other belongings in clothes and all that like I said I haven't been arrested in 4 year but aware of 2 strike system although I know it's more aimed at people carrying knifes with intent.
Expert:  JGM replied 28 days ago.

Your family circumstances may save you from going to jail but the judges first thought is going to be a custodial sentence of three to six months. The skill of your solicitor will be to try to get you a community based disposal or a fine. The problem you have is that knuckledusters are treated as offensive weapons in the same as knives are and this is your second offence. Get yourself a very good lawyer if you haven’t already. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.