31090051

My father died and has left his property to his wife as a

My father died and has left his property to his wife as a liferenter. He has left me 73% of the house, could you tell me what my rights are, if any?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 29 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. You are a part owner of the house but have no right to occupy the house or sell it whilst the liferenter is there. The liferent will end on the renunciation by or the death of the liferenter. At that stage the house will be owned by you and whoever inherits the remaining share. At that stage it can be sold. Happy to discuss further. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you. What happens if the liferenter decides to sell the property?