31090051

I have been convicted of dangerous driving at Dumfries

Hi I have been convicted of dangerous driving at Dumfries sheriffs court on 10th November and need to appeal the conviction on the grounds that it as come apparent after the court case that the case against me was based mainly on false evidence due to mistaken identity , in court I could not understand why anyone would make up so many lies against me but now know that they were describing an event that happened but I was not involved , it involved a vehicle very similar to mine and I have consequently been convicted on the back of another drivers bad driving, I have contacted several lawyers non of witch have been willing to help in this matter can you advise where I can try
Thanks Phil
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 22 days ago.

Thanks for your question. An appeal must be lodged within 7 days so you will have to get the appeal into the court today. An appeal against conviction is called an appeal by Stated Case and you have to fill in the form for an application for a stated case and get it to the court before 4pm today. https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rules-and-practice/forms/criminal-procedure-forms/appeals-from-summary-proceedings