31090051

I wanted to buy a book in a bookshop. I didn't have the

I wanted to buy a book in a bookshop. I didn't have the money on me to buy it but the shopkeeper told me they would keep it aside for a couple of days until i had the money. I went in and the shopkeeper said they couldn't sell me it as someone offered them a higher price and they sold it to them. Was it an invitation to treat or a promise?

It was an offer to hold the book for a period of time until you paid for it. You accepted that offer therefore there is a contract.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What are exclusion clauses with relation to notices.

Can you explain the situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As in if a car park sign in say a Tesco Car park says they won’t accept loss or liability for cars left there.

It would depend on the circumstances whether the notice could be used as a defence or not. They would have to accept liability if they were the ones that were negligent. However if a third party caused the damage they wouldn’t. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.