31090051

I did some work for a company and now I am requesting a

I did some work for a company and now I am requesting a purchase order from them so I can invoice them but I have now hit a brick wall and can’t get one issued. It has been two months since I did the work and have numerous emails and text messages between myself and one of their employees regarding the situation and where we have spoke about him trying to get them to raise the purchase order. What are my options?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The employee that I have spoken to is the area production manager. I have the emails where he has copied in the person who raises the PO’s

Why do you need a purchase order. That is a bookkeeping issue. Why can’t you just invoice for the work done?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Because their accounts payable will only pay an invoice with a purchase order number.

Again that is their issue. If the world of commerce had to wait for purchase orders to be generated nothing would get done. I take it there is no dispute that you did the work and deserve to be remunerated. Send your invoice with a letter saying that it is due for payment. Copy the M.D. in. If they refuse payment on the basis of no purchase order and then have to sue, the court willl laugh at them. You can’t force a purchase order from them but you can force payment of an outstanding invoice. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.