31090051

My wife and I seperated 6 months ago and I moved out to a

My wife and I seperated 6 months ago and I moved out to a friends caravan my wife has stayed in the house which is rented
Could you tell me how much spouse maintenance I should have to pay her please
Thanks davy
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first
How long had you live together and are there any children involved
What income do you each have?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi clark
21 years together
One child who is 16 in February
My income after tax is around £19000
My wife's income is around £12000
Cheers davy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi clark
If I am paying £600/month is this too much

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland. Is your daughter still at school? What is your expenditure and what is that of your wife. Maintenance for a spouse depends on needs and resources and for that reason an indication of your respective financial positions would be needed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My income after tax is approx £19000 and my ex wife is £12000
The child is a boy and he is still at school but is thinking of leaving in may for a training scheme job
I hope this information is of help cheers davy

It is but what are your outgoings? At the moment child maintenance would be about £44 per week. Maintenance for wife will depend on what you and she have to pay out each week or month.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
On my own expenditure is around £1400/month
On my ex wife expenditure is about £1600/month
I have been told by the CPA that my contribution for child maintenance should be about £55/week
Hope this helps cheers davy

The child maintenance doesn’t accord with my own calculation but there are various factors to be taken into account so budget £50 or thereby. As regards ***** ***** expenditure there is a variation and what you want to do is equalise that so that you are both paying out the same and your earnings are on par with each other although you do have the additional child support obligation I’m afraid as the absent parent.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi my wife has come back with a revised offer of a contribution including child maintenance of £500/month and dropping to £450/month in may when he would leave school and start training because I would not need to pay for school travel .
Do you think this is a fair amount and should a agreed time cut off for this be agreed too cheers davy

Sorry I now understand the difference for the child maintenance. It’s based on gross income and you gave me the after tax figure so perhaps the £55 in correct. So that makes £238. If your wife suggests a total of £500 reducing to £450 then you should consider that especially if any of it is going towards the family home or other assets that you presumably continue to have an interest in anyway. Note that after the age of 18 aliment is paid directly to your son. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.

Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your help will give you a good rating
Cheers davy