Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Small appliance technician
11519491

i have a 3.0ah 18v battery that has stopped working. i was

Customer Question

i have a 3.0ah 18v battery that has stopped working. i was pushing it rayher hard at the time , is there a cure for my busted battery??????? thankyou
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I understand, can you tell me what this battery is used for?
And do you get any voltage at all out of it?
Please be specific as to what its for, make mode etc:-)
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the battery is used for an 18v grinder,drill and skillsaw .it does not work at all,and the battery gauge doesnt work either.code on battery LI ION,51NR18/65-2. 18V=3.0AH 54WH.. THANKYOU

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Thanks Dan,
the reason is not working at all, is that the battery has a built in circuit that stops the power when it gets too hot.
But eventually it will just cut out permanently.
If you can take the battery case apart you could bypass the circuit but then use caution and dont over do it lol;-)
I will stick with if you need more help, since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael