canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Handyman
Experience:  Plumber and Handyman
64367226

Hello, Have a breville iron ir72. Even though the iron is

Customer Question

Hello, Have a breville iron ir72. Even though the iron is set to steam the iron does not produce steam. When pushing the steam button the heat and pump indicator go green but not the filter indicator. We purchased a new filter but the situation has not changed.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. The iron gets scale deposits that block the holes and passage ways. To solve this issue empty the water out and fill it half water and half vinegar. Leave it on and once the vinegar breaks up a bit of the scale and begins to steam let it steam until the steam runs out. After that flush it 4 or 5 times to clear any loose debris.

canuck the pro :

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?