Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Small appliance technician
11519491

Hi My Panasonic SD 257 bread maker stopped working today.

Customer Question

My Panasonic SD 257 bread maker stopped working today. First it was not mixing /heating the ingredients and now it is stuck on the main option and I can't switch. The red light is on. It's been working well for 4 years. This is the first time this is happening. Any tips?

Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
Please unplug the bread maker for 30 full minutes then press and hold the start butt on for up to 30 seconds, please let me know if this helps or not.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. I will try this. In touch in 30 minutes. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have now turned the machine back on and will let you know if it starts to bake the bread or not. Thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Please let me know what happens?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is still not working. Not making a noise - mixing or heating up. It is late. Can we close this call and could I have my money back please.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi the problem is the main control board, did you want to replace that ?
I can help you locate the part and change that. Its easy to do requiring only a few hand tools;-)
Please rate kindly, I will ask them about a refund as well, have a great day!
Tech Mike
Michael, Technician
Experience: Small appliance technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi - I had to go into hospital today so I can't go further and I hope I ca get a refund. You've been great and I hope you get more satisfied customers.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
r
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I have not been reimbursed and the control panel is still not working could you please key me know what I need to do. I am now out if hospital but can't do physical work.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi did you still want to fix the bread machine?
Tech Mike
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. I am trying to get my money back. I have already rated you very well.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
HI I will let them know;-)
Have a great evening No Further Reply is needed;-)
Thank you and have a great evening.
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
6