Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Small appliance technician
11519491

I HAVE A HOOVER RUSH 220WATTS IT JUST STOP WORKING SO I CLENEAD

I HAVE A HOOVER RUSH 220WATTS IT JUST STOP WORKING SO I CLENEAD THE FILTERS CHECKED THE PLUG AMP AND IT STILL NOT WORKING
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
How old is the unit?
Also what exactly does it do when you try to power it on, any sign of life?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the hoover is 4months old and when turned on no sign of life

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Karen,
This could be one of a few things, likely the thermal cut out or the switch has failed. But at least the unit is only 4 months old so it is still fully covered. You can exchange that one for a new one. Thats what I would do because it is so new and you would need to take it apart to fix this but that would void the warranty.
So that is really the best thing to do because the unit does have a faulty electrical part.
I hope that helps you with this.
I will stick with you until you have a working vacuum again;-)
Since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Karen and have a great day!
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can my father return the hoover even though he cant find his reciept

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Karen, in most cases the store will still take it back but for store credit only but thats fine because you just need a replacement. Also I checked that vac out and there are no major problems with it, you just got one with a bad switch or thermal cutout;-)
It happens to us all.
Please rate kindly so I can set up free follow ups with you.
Thanks Karen.
Tech Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience: Small appliance technician