SparePartspro
SparePartspro, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
41227295

My electric flymo strimmer makes an awful noise when running,

Customer Question

My electric flymo strimmer makes an awful noise when running, it sounds like somethings coming loose, or out of balance.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Is there any evidence that the shaft has gotten bent? When you tighten the spool on is everything aligned? Do you have the manual to confirm the assembly is correct? Is this a new item or has it been used for a while?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have had this for 1.5 yrs ,the shaft seems to be straight, but still makes the noise even with the spool left off.could the shaft be flexing against the casing?

I'm sorry but I will be away for a funeral. I will opt out and open to other experts.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam