Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Small appliance technician
11519491

I have an old Singer electric sewing machine with a foot pedal.

I have an old Singer electric sewing machine with a foot pedal. The model is 6105. The foot pedal is not responding consistently sometimes not running the machine at all. I cannot get into it. There do not seem to be any screws yo undo. The rubber feet do not conceal screws.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer/ Pearl.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and we need information in order to be able to
help you solve your difficulties. The more information you give us the quicker we can help.
May I have model # ***** your sewing machine and approximate age of the unit?
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already stated model no - 6105.

Approx age 1979 - 80
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Tricia,
You will just need a new foot pedal with the cable.
Please visit:
http://www.singermachines.co.uk/sewingmachineparts/
I will stick with you until you have the part, unfortunately there are no user serviceable parts in the pedal.
But since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.

Thank you Tricia.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not massively impressed.... Whilst waiting for a response I took off the plate under the needle and cleaned out lots of fluff. Seemed to improve performance by about 75%. Having read responses on internet about other machines which suggested oiling the linkage mechanism. Not sure where that is but cleaning seemed a good way to start.

May well have to get a new pedal, have machine serviced or replace machine in the long run.

Cheers.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tricia, your machine, being as old as it is really needs just a servicing by a sewing machine repair shop(Local to you).
They can fix the unit and even the pedal.
Thats what I would do first because they will make adjustments for wear as well making the machine like new ;-)
Have a great day Tricia, I will still be here you at no additional cost but please rate kindly at this time.
Tech Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Tech Michael