Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Small appliance technician
11519491

I have a brother BC2100 electronic sewing machine. The hand

I have a brother BC2100 electronic sewing machine. The hand wheel is stiff and whilst I'm able to sew at a very slow pace when I try to increase the speed the needle judders as if there is something stopping my machine from going any faster. I have cleaned out the bobbin casing so there isn't any thread causing the problem. Can you advise please?
Sue Radburn
Hello Sue good afternoon.
How old is your sewing machine?
Also has it been dropped or bumped very hard?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is just over 5 years old and it has a hard case, so no it hasn't been knocked or dropped etc.

Thank you for that.
This is a failing main baring and that part will need to be replaced to fix this. its worth the cost of the repair but it requires a vacuum and sewing machine shop to make this repair as the bearing needs to be pressed on to the main shaft with a specialized tool.
Most local vacuum shops will also repair sewing machines as well.
I wish I had better news for you I really do, but this fix needs a machine shop to complete the repair.
Have a nice Sunday Sue and please rate kindly before closing, it wont cost you anything more to rate;-)
Tech Michael