Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Small appliance technician
11519491

I have a brother BC2100 electronic sewing machine. The hand

I have a brother BC2100 electronic sewing machine. The hand wheel is stiff and whilst I'm able to sew at a very slow pace when I try to increase the speed the needle judders as if there is something stopping my machine from going any faster. I have cleaned out the bobbin casing so there isn't any thread causing the problem. Can you advise please?
Sue Radburn
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sue good afternoon.
How old is your sewing machine?
Also has it been dropped or bumped very hard?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is just over 5 years old and it has a hard case, so no it hasn't been knocked or dropped etc.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that.
This is a failing main baring and that part will need to be replaced to fix this. its worth the cost of the repair but it requires a vacuum and sewing machine shop to make this repair as the bearing needs to be pressed on to the main shaft with a specialized tool.
Most local vacuum shops will also repair sewing machines as well.
I wish I had better news for you I really do, but this fix needs a machine shop to complete the repair.
Have a nice Sunday Sue and please rate kindly before closing, it wont cost you anything more to rate;-)
Tech Michael