Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Small appliance technician
11519491

Re Kenwood kettle SJM280 - The blue light is on but the kettle

Re Kenwood kettle SJM280 - The blue light is on but the kettle has stopped boiling. Any ideas?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that.
How old is your kettle?
Also has it had a lot of use?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi there - yes it is several years old and has been used a lot
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Roger, they do sell parts for this kettle but I’ve taken a close look at your question. I hate to tell you, but unfortunately I don’t think the equipment involved here is worth the cost of repairs. You might even have suspected this yourself. For a lot less money than you spent on it years ago, you can fully replace it today. And for the same money, you can get higher performance with far more functionality as well. You can look online for a replacement unit, or go in person to a store. .
If you still want to fix this piece of equipment and cost is no object, let me know and I will try to help walk you through it.
I hope you find this answer helpful. If you do, please remember to rate my service. Thank you!
Warmest regards Roger,
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks I guessed so - a new one it is
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I'm am glad I could help, I could help you locate the parts but really its a pain in the butt repair really as well lol.
Please don't forget to rate my service and thank so much I wish you the best with your new kettle;-)