Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Small appliance technician
11519491

I have just bought a Singer Sew Mate 5400 sewing machine which

Customer Question

I have just bought a Singer Sew Mate 5400 sewing machine which was shipped from the US. I note that it has a two prong plug on it? Do I need a converter to use it in the UK?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok will wait for you to find an answer

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Adam

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi is the plug two vertical blades?ThanksTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Michael, yes it has

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that.The answer is yes you will need a voltage adapter because in the US they only run 120 VAC to these machines. Most local hardware stores and hoe improvement stores will have this for you;-)Please let me know if you need me further.Thank you and have a great day!Please rate kindly;-)Tech Michael