Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Small appliance technician
11519491

Gaggia Titanium Bean to Cup coffee machine - water and steam

Customer Question

Gaggia Titanium Bean to Cup coffee machine - water and steam coming through frothing wand, but not into coffee. Machine goes very quiet when trying to pump water to make coffee. Can I fix this at home?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly. You can fix this if your handy and have a few basic tools.If you have a meter fro some tests, that would be helpful but not absolutely necessary to fix this. The problem with this one is the coil heater pump has failed. It could be one of the thermal fuses connected to its end, or the element itself. I will help you fix this. Your brst course of action is to replace the brew heating element.The best place to get a new one is : https://www.espressoparts.com/parts/espressomachineparts/gaggia-partsPlease give them a call to order this part.1(###) ###-####(8am-4pm PST).I don't see any UK suppliers I would recommend.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your answer. I will order this part and get back to you once it's been received. I think I may be able to source it in the UK from www.gaggia-parts.co.uk
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi its possible you could try, but I don't really think its available from the UK, but the supplier I sent to you should ship to you no problem ;-)Please rate my service at this time so I can stick with you you wont lose me. Once you rate I will send you a confirmation message that you can use to reach me once you have the part;-)Thank you and have a great night.Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if you received this message I sent it didn't appear to send.Hi its possible you could try, but I don't really think its available from the UK, but the supplier I sent to you should ship to you no problem ;-)Please rate my service at this time so I can stick with you you wont lose me. Once you rate I will send you a confirmation message that you can use to reach me once you have the part;-)Thank you and have a great night.Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Michael, Technician
Experience: Small appliance technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael,
I phoned the UK people and they told me that the problem was definitely NOT the part you specified, so it's a very good job that I didn't waste money and time ordering it from the U.S. They did tell me the action to take to rectify the problem and now the machine is working fine. I would appreciate a refund of my money and if I get that I'll leave the good rating that I left you earlier.
Many thanks,
Sue
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi sue what did they do for you?In most cases the fix is exactly the part I recommended.I will let CS know about your refund request.Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was just a question of re-priming the brew unit.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi awesome!Most times that doesnt work or if it does, it seems to lose prime due to a tiny air leak in that part of the system. Let me know if the problem returnsIf nit then your good ;-) Tech Michael