Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Small appliance technician
11519491

My Philips perfect care silence iron has stopped working -

My Philips perfect care silence iron has stopped working - the blue on button light just flashes but nothing else happens. The easy de call is clean. Please could you tell me what I need to do.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your steam iron?Also may I have the full model # ***** your iron?Also does it get a lot of use? And has this happened before?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Less than 3 years I think.
GO 9540. 1241/ 02/BI
Used once a week for an hour or two
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model numbers are not very clear on the base - it's made in Indonesia and has Kema EUR written in a box on the base label.
Any chance of knowing what's wrong with it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - no it hasn't happened before
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that info. This could be one of two things with this model. It either has a bad heating component, or a serious clog. If the iron has a bad heater this wont help;-( And unfortunately isn't worth the cost of repair because they charge so much for this and its not the easiest thing to repair.But it almost always is just a bad clog;-)Please watch this video and perform this step, if it works great! But if not it would be best to replace the iron.Please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbpw6SIxNxI In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated.There is NO cost to rate Kindly;-)Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a nice day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think that would work as the iron heat doesn't even come on. I agree that it is not economically viable to repair and it's unlikely to be anything to do with clogging but simply just the electronics or just the heating element. I could take the case apart and look inside but I somehow doubt that it will tell me anything other than what I know now!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi what I would do , is add the mixture to the iron and let it sit that way overnight, I would also heat the mixture to about 140 F.That should clear the iron, this works about 75% of the time for this problem;-)I have been helping customers with this problem for many years lol. Have a great weekend and please rate kindly;-)Thank youTech Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience: Small appliance technician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand what you are saying but the mixture would just sit in the exterior tank as the pump isn't coming on either. If this was a conventional iron with an integral tank it might well work but it isn't.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi yes I know, I shoudl have explained more lol, What you need to do is shake it up every hour or so when possible to get the solution to work its way into the entry tube internal to the iron, it will make its way in where it need to be. If it works, you wont need a new iron so I woudl try this first. But these irons tent o fail especially this model;-(I am just trying to help, and I have been doing this for years.Cheers \Tech Mike