Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Small appliance technician
11519491

Our AEG stick cleaner has developed a fault. It charges and

Our AEG stick cleaner has developed a fault. It charges and the pull out cleaner works but the main cleaner does not work but just gives one growl. Any ideas on how to fix it?
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am Tech Michael a specialist expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.How old is your AEG Stick ?Also may I have the Full model # ***** your cleaner? Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 2 years old. The PNC is###-##-####and S.No. 43500145
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information.In this case the battery is in need of replacement. they usually last about 2 years if used and charged properly.The best place to get a replacement battery for your stick is this site: http://www.shop.aeg.co.uk/category/Floorcare/Vacuum+Cleaners/Batteries%20%26%20ChargersIts best to call to place this order AEG and ELectrolux are one in the same;-):Electrolux Plc trading asElectrolux PartsPreston RoadAycliffe Industrial ParkNewton AycliffeCounty DurhamDL5 6EDCall us:01325 302464Mon - Thur:8.30am - 5.00pmFri:8.30am - 4.30pm.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.EXCELLENT (5 Stars) would be greatly appreciated. Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you and have a great day!Tech Michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it is the battery why does the removable vacuum work by itself but not when in the main machine?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi the removable vac contains the battery ;-)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and that still works, it is only when inserted in the other part that it won't work.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi, does the brush motor work when not plugged in? Does it seem to just make a noise then quit?If so the battery is bad, its Lithium Ion pack.Please order that and I will help with the replacement.It may work while on the charger as well if the battery is bad;-)Please rate kindly so I can place your question into my priority list so you and I can remain together until this is fixed and workign like a champ again lol;-)ThanksTech michael
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will get a new battery.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hey your welcome:-)Please rate at this time and have a wonderful day!Tech Michael