Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Small appliance technician
11519491

I bought a secondhand Brother891 knitter & 850 ribber, never

I bought a secondhand Brother891 knitter & 850 ribber, never used condition,. I have managed to set both up on table ready for knitting, but when I put up needles for 1 x 1 rib
the carriage jams when it meets the needles. .When I unjam it and take away the ribber to the right and move the carriage back over the needles it jams again. What am I doing wrong. Sarah.
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Hi Sarah, I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.May I have the full model # ***** your Brother knitter?Also approximately how old it is?Thank youTech Michael
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Michael,
My Knitter KH 891 & Ribber K850 was purchased on from E-ay a month ago. I understand it is a re cent model but it has been lying up in a box unused or some time. I hope this will help.Sarah
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm waiting for your answer. Sarah
Expert:  Michael replied 11 months ago.
Hi Sarah, I had to do some research for this one.It sounds like the unit is out of timing internally. if it jams, it can cause a problem that need to be re stet timing wise, in order for the machine to run. Unfortunately Sarah, this needs to be done by a sewing machine repair technician. Most local vacuum repair shops also fix these machines. This likely happened due to non use. The reason is that this machine has an internal battery on the circuit board. If its not used for an extended period of time, (unplugged ) this can happen.I wish I had better news for you on this , I really do.In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.Please rate my service thus far.Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.Thank you Sarah.SincerelyTech Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience: Small appliance technician