Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Small appliance technician
11519491

My bissel carpet shampoo will suck and roller brushes turn

Customer Question

Hi my bissel carpet shampoo will suck and roller brushes turn but does not spray from main body or portable hose/brush.....I have cleaned and blowen through 2 jets on base and the 1 on hose model is Clean view Lift off Portable Spot Cleaner
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

May I have the full model # ***** your Bissels age?

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
22k-7E 12123C 4/5 YEARS OLD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SHOULD HAVE READ 22K7-E
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for that info.

This is more than likely a clog in the spray line. This happens if its not flushed with clean warm water sometimes.

The best way to fix this is to soak the trigger assembly in warm water overnight. Also a 50 50 mix of distilled water and white vinegar added to the tank will help this process go faster ;-)

Also during the time you are soaking this, press the trigger a few times to release any build up. That should solve this problem, It works about 90 percent of the time.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service thus far.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great Father's Day weekend!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael I have tried the vinegar and hot water to see if it cleared the tubes . I olso tried the spot cleaner lower than the water tank and worked trigger of an on olso kept it on for a while in case of air in tube but no luck...I repeated later with just hot water but no. When I was trying to find fault the other day I removed a lot of the covers in case something about trigger was broken but its all working smoothly.. It seems to push down on a switch connected to wires....IS the pump electric driven or belt driven
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Awesome, Im glad it worked out !

That pump is electric;-)

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you misunder stood me the trigger seems to work smoothly but machine still wont spray water/fluid so I am no further ahead what is your next suggestion for me
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I should have mentioned to soak all those parts fro at least 24 hours.

Sorry for that

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks will try again hope its not the pump ....I haven't seen it so far
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Ok I will be back tomorrow morn ;-)

Let me knwo if that works ;-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael I have repeated the procedure and still there is NO spray.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi thanks for trying, you will need a new trigger.

The best place to get that part is: http://www.espares.co.uk/

Its best to call them for this part.

Make sure you have the model # ***** when you call.

Sales
0844 9777 888

After sales
0333 4007 888

Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm, Closed Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays.

For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.

Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.

Please rate kindly so we can continue;-)

Thank you sincerely

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI MICHAEL ESPARES DONT RECOGNISE MY MACHINE No and I couldn't find a trigger on Bissell parts page
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I sent you the request for a call, please accept that and I will call at my earliest time ;-)

Thank you for your patience as well.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHEN WILL I GET THE PHONE CALL I WAS OFFERED AND PAID £4 TO TALK TO EXPERT THANK YOU
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi I am waiting for you to enter your phone contact information in the contact info box ;-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ROBERT ROSS ***@******.***HOME NUMBER ***********
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Robert,

I will call in a few hours if that is ok? I am in the US so our time ones are different.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU, ***** BE FINE ROBERT
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Awesome ;-)

Tech Michael