SparePartspro
SparePartspro, Small Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
41227295

I have a integrated turbo extractor cooker fan 60cms Hygena,

Customer Question

I have a integrated turbo extractor cooker fan 60cms Hygena, it has twin lights and twin fans, the lights blew due to grease build up on the bulbs I fixed that with a complete new switch and cable part, the lights now work but when I switched power back on one of the fan motors sparked and popped (the lights are ok) the 4 new wires match the existing wires red,blue, white, the 4th one is grey which I connected to black. the installation instructions inform that this appliance must have a double pole switched fused spur.What have I done wrong, Dave
Category: Small Appliance
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 months ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Sorry to delay , I am ok with continuing to wait for a answer
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 months ago.

Can you give me the model number of your Hygena please? ~~ Ian

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ian the model number of the extractor fan is APM2315/25 it is the one which came with the complete kitchen package from M.F.I. Dave

OK Dave quite old then - can you tell me the part number and where you got the new motor from?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ian I have,nt had a new motor only new wiring from the on-off switch to the motors,there is power to the motors but they just refuse to work Dave