Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

I have been using a flymo compact 330 lawnmower to mow my lawn

Customer Question

I have been using a flymo compact 330 lawnmower to mow my lawn and now it has stopped working. Can you help me to get it started again?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 years ago.
This being extension cord powered, do you have power to the mower from electrical plug? Is the fuse good in the unit? With unit unplugged, can you turn the blade with the blade brake off? Do you get any noise or sound when you turn it on? Do you have a voltmeter to check if the electric motor is getting power?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi there

There doesn't seem to be any power coming through at all. I thought it might be that there is too much grass in the top of the mower but I can't get the top off to have a look.

L

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 years ago.
Do you have power to the switch from the power cord? The upper cover just snaps into place, Use a screw driver to pry it in to release the clips as you pull up on it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Curtis

I managed to fix the lawnmower in the end. It just seems to have some grass caught up in it.

Many thanks, Lucy

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 years ago.
Good job! Thanks for the reply.