Rick
Rick, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Outdoor Power Equipment technical trainer since 1990, covering eight states.
20444326

hi. I have a honda 20hp ride on .

Customer Question

hi. I have a honda 20hp ride on that is reliable. Just fitted a selanoid to the starter motor. It started, ran. Stoped it. The selanoid clicked but the starter would not start. It then started and ran for a while until the fuel ran out.Refilled with fuel. I turned the key. Nothing no noises. Have you any answers. Steve.

Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 years ago.
With test light or voltmeter , check for battery voltage at the solenoid switch terminal on the starter solenoid, when key is turned to start. If you have battery voltage, the new solenoid is not making contact. Or just jump the positive battery cable to the starter switch. If starter engages, you have problem before the starter solenoid. Is main fuse blown?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi curtis. I will try some of those ideas. Steve.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 4 years ago.
OK< thanks for the response.