SteveRose1914
SteveRose1914, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  16 Years experience in small engine repair and sales.
67634329

My Rotak 34 Li suddenly stopped for no reason the batteries

Customer Question

My Rotak 34 Li suddenly stopped for no reason the batteries are fully charged and it will not restart, could there be a fault with the key? Are there any checks I should perform?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  SteveRose1914 replied 4 years ago.
Hi There,
How old is the unit? Have you checked, with the safety key removed, to see if the blade turns freely? If it does, what were the circumstances of the last time it was used? Did it work properly or did it shut down while in use?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The mower is 21/2 years old. The blade turns freely. It stopped whilst in use but was perfectly ok the previous day.
Was the mower in a higher than normal patch of grass? This machine has a circuit breaker built in as well as a fuse that may need replaced. Does the enguagement swith move as it normally does?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The grass was not long and half had been cut the day before with no problems. Where is the fuse? The switch moves normally
The fuse is located under the motor cover. You have to remove it to access. More than likely at over 2 years old, your battery is more than likely in need of replacement. We see some only lasting one season. I would try a new battery first.